The 2022 WALA will have a maximum field of 60 female amateur players. It will consist of 72 holes of stroke play without a cut. In the event of a tie after 72 holes, the winner is decided by a sudden-death playoff.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 8:30 a.m.
First Round (groups of three players – 1st tee)
- Friday, Nov. 18, 8:30 a.m.
Second Round (groups of three players – 1st tee)
- Saturday, Nov. 19, 8:30 a.m.
Third Round (groups of three players – 1st tee)
- Sunday, Nov. 20, 7:30 a.m.
Final Round (groups of three players – 1st tee)
THE CHAMPION RECEIVES:
- Women’s Amateur Latin America Trophy
- An invitation to compete in the 2023 AIG Women’s Open at Walton Heath Golf Club
- An invitation to compete in The Amundi Evian Championship 2023 at the Evian Resort Golf Club
- An invitation to compete in The Chevron Championship 2023 at The Club at Carlton Woods
- An exemption into The Women’s Amateur Championship and Hilton Grand Vacations ANNIKA Invitational presented by Rolex (given age eligibility)
The champion and runner-up will receive*:
- An invitation to the South American Amateur Championship
The Top-3 players will receive*:
- An invitation to the next Women’s Amateur Latin America
* How Ties Will Be Decided
In the event of a tie for first place, a hole-by-hole play-off will be held on holes to be determined at an appropriate time, until a winner emerges. The play-off will start as soon as possible after the last group finishes and scores are officially accepted.
In the event of a tie for 2nd and 3rd place, the positions will be defined by matching scorecards.
These exemptions will apply provided the players maintain their Amateur Status.